Great St Mary’s is an open and inclusive community. We encourage all who come to explore the Christian faith — and to discover what difference faith makes. The church has set up several projects for the diverse community of central Cambridge:
- A Church of England parish with services throughout the week, and a programme of study and action.
- The City and University Church for University sermons, special services and events and the city centre for civic services attended by the mayor and city and county councillors.
- A ministry at the heart of Cambridge with wide outreach and partnerships in mission at home and abroad.
- A historic tourist destination, with a tower offering a great view of Cambridge. The church is open every day for visitors, tourists, and those wanting a time of quiet.
- A centre for choral and orchestral music, with our own choirs and orchestra.
- The Michaelhouse Centre, with its café, art exhibitions, programme of experimental and participative worship, and rooms for your group to meet.
- Chaplaincy to the University is our multi-faith chaplaincy for post-doctoral researchers, students and staff.
- The Heritage Centre celebrates the history and Christian heritage of the Church, with special programmes for schools and families, interactive touch screens, brass rubbings, and discovery trails.
Whether you are visiting Cambridge, or making your home here, we hope you’ll come and take part in the life of Great St Mary’s.